Friday, October 5, 2012

Humor

It has been a long, long time since I've posted.  I've been pregnant and tired, and now I'm a mommy and tired :)  But, I have to say, having a baby is the best science project ever.  I mean, I thought I knew, but I didn't know.  I waited until I was 43 to experience this miracle, and WOW!  I could go on and on -- and probably will at some point -- but what's on my mind this morning is:  where does a kid's sense of humor comes from?  Is it DNA-baked, or is it absorbed and learned?  Whichever it is, it is dern impressive when a kid lets off a zinger.  My favorite from this week was from my stepson, J.D., who is 9.  We were standing in front of the dog school where our puppy Scout is learning to calm down, and he said, "Hey Memoo:  Wouldn't it be funny if they had a sign that said, 'No Dogs Allowed.'"  Love, love, love it.

No comments: